Student Union Student Event Coordinator
The Student Union Building Student Coordinator is responsible for delivering excellent customer service, event management, audio and visual reinforcement for events, security, and facility management to the student’s guests and staff of the Student Union Building and its operations. This includes having working knowledge of audio visual equipment and systems of the SUB and being responsible for set-up and tear-down operations of equipment and conference space. This position is also responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Student Union including meetings and events, assisting student staff, cleanliness and opening and closing of the facility. This position will also assist student staff in Union Night Programming.
This position will have some required training in Spring Semester 2014 and official contract date of August 18, 2014 and a flexible end date of May 22, 2015. Compensation for this position will be a single room in an MSUB Residence Hall Room and meal plan as well as an hourly rate of pay of $10.00 per hour for 20 hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide Exceptional Customer Services
· Serve as SUB & University Events point of contact for customers when on shift
· Assist any and all Student Union & University Events Staff when needed
· Responsible for overseeing opening and closing of the Student Union and Events Space
· Assist with the selection, evaluation, and training of student staff positions
· Attend & Contribute to SUB & University Events Staff Meetings
· Provide on-call services during/nights weekend
· Create agendas and assist in facilitating student staff meetings and trainings
· Oversee Student Staff Programming
· Ability to respond effectively to customer concerns in a positive manner
· Must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
· Excellent customer service skills through strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and conflict resolution between staff and patrons
· Ability to respond in emergency situations
· Physically able to perform the duties required