Student Union & University Events
Building Manager Position Description
Purpose of Position:
The Building Manager provides overall assistance to the Student Union and Activities Office and its customers. The Building Manager is often the first contact for customers and it is their responsibility to provide the customer with the best service possible maintaining professionalism and a positive attitude. It is also pertinent for this position to aid in the processing and proper filing of all paperwork and other office duties essential to the department functions.
Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Student Union Building, the City College, additional campus spaces and its customers. To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of Union Events, the role it plays at the University and the services it provides.
Plan and implement student programming in the Student Union Building.
This is a student position; to be eligible for employment you must be a full time student in good standing with a GPA of 2.5 or above; have the ability to learn quickly; work both independently and with a group and complete tasks in the allotted time; be capable of handling emergencies in a calm and rational manner. In addition, you must be able to perform the duties of the position listed below.
The Starting pay for this position is $8.25 per hour, with an increase each semester you continue to work for the Student Union.
· Provide exceptional customer service to the customers of the University.
· Office coverage, which may include but is not limited to; answering the telephone, taking reservation messages, giving directions, filing, data entry, assisting customers with making copies, faxes and additional tasks as needed.
- · File paperwork and reservations in appropriate binders and or files.
- · Make room signs and Today in the Union Posters.
- · Make directional signs for events when necessary.
- · Stamp and post flyers in appropriate areas, check bulletin boards for out of date flyers.
- · Fax and fill out appropriate paperwork for customer requesting fax service.
- · Maintain an adequate number of copies of forms such as fax covers, key checkouts, etc.
- · Assist with the Student Organization Expo and the Student Leadership Recognition Program.
- · Plan and implement Union Night Student Programming
- · Day time Building Manager fill in duties to include, customer equipment requests, daytime room changes/sets and other responsibility when necessary.
- · Work cooperatively with Student Union Staff, Catering , Custodians, Student Organizations, and other offices.
- · Set up and take down rooms to specification of conference and union staff. This may include but is not limited to: moving tables, chairs and other equipment, setting up AV equipment, etc.
- · Have basic knowledge of Audio Visual Equipment such as TV/VCR, projectors, microphones, etc.
- · Follow proper equipment check out/check in procedures in order to keep an accurate equipment inventory.
- · Routinely rove the building to check on rooms, general building appearance, maintenance, safety, etc.
- · Utilize basic computer programs.
- · Lock the buildings at night insuring that there is no one left in the building that is not authorized. Putting rooms and equipment back in original order.
- · Unlock the buildings in the morning and check for general building appearance, adequate room sets, maintenance, safety, etc.
- · Fill out a detailed Building Manager report at the end of each shift and other paperwork as needed.
- · Other duties as assigned
Create New". Click "Create New" to apply for the next semester.